Date
Re: question about publishing to API portal

Jeff Brower

Vikram-

Ok understood, that makes sense. Redoc is good. Thanks.

-Jeff

We are hosting this for the community in our cloud as there was no
precedent to follow. We used the following open source

https://github.com/Redocly/redoc/blob/master/README.md

Easiest way is to express API in a popular format using protobuf and
generate swagger definitions. I can ask my engineer to help with launch
once the community approves the updated set.

As developer APIs shall consume Infra APIs so there might be a need to
build a validation cycle in community labs. We are still in process to
figure that out.

On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 6:21 PM Jeff Brower <@jbrower> wrote:

Vikram-

Ok got it. At some point in the future when there are APIs approved and
can be added, how is the page accessed / edited ? That's what I need to
know, so I can come up with publishing / editing method for API
subcommittee guys.

Thanks.

-Jeff

api.akraino.org as domain suggests is for final approved APIs by the
community.

Working docs go under

https://wiki.akraino.org/display/AK/Infrastructure+API+Work+Stream

On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 6:09 PM Jeff Brower <@jbrower>
wrote:

Brett-

I'm referring to:

api.akraino.org

How to edit that page ?

-Jeff

Hi Jeff,
+ adding theapi@... mail list to advise.

https://wiki.akraino.org/display/AK/API+Sub-committee may be the best
place to
start?
Thanks!

Brett

On Wed, May 20, 2020 9:54 PM, Jeff Brower @jbrower
wrote:
Brett-

I'm helping with API architecture diagrams, maps, and other items that
we (API
subcommittee) want to add to the API portal (api.akraino.org).

What is your recommended method for publishing Powerpoint, MindMap,
and
other
doc types to the API portal URL ? I know HTML very well, so I have no

problem to export PowerPoint to HTML and then upload to a site and
integrate
with what's already there. But I'm worried to lead subcommittee guys

down a path where they need a lot of HTML knowledge and what they
publish
becomes difficult to maintain.

Are you using a hosted method for the portal; i.e. something similar
SquareSpace, Wix, Wordpress, etc ? Is there an ftp backend where we
can

upload HTML pages ?

Thanks for any advice.

-Jeff

Brett PrestonThe Linux Foundation+1 (971) 303-9030
@bprestonlf
Google Talk:bpreston@...: bprestoncf

Re: question about publishing to API portal

Vikram Siwach

> [...]

> What is your recommended method for publishing Powerpoint, MindMap, and other
> doc types to the API portal URL ? I know HTML very well, so I have no
>
> problem to export PowerPoint to HTML and then upload to a site and integrate
> with what's already there. But I'm worried to lead subcommittee guys
>
> down a path where they need a lot of HTML knowledge and what they publish
> becomes difficult to maintain.
>

> Are you using a hosted method for the portal; i.e. something similar to
> SquareSpace, Wix, Wordpress, etc ? Is there an ftp backend where we can
>
> upload HTML pages ?
>

> Thanks for any advice.
>

> -Jeff
>

> Brett PrestonThe Linux Foundation+1 (971) 303-9030
> bpreston@...
> Google Talk:bpreston@...: bprestoncf

Re: question about publishing to API portal

Tina created this space for you to upload working documents

On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 5:51 PM Brett Preston <bpreston@...> wrote:
Hi Jeff,

+ adding the api@... mail list to advise.

Thanks!

Brett

On Wed, May 20, 2020 9:54 PM, Jeff Brower jbrower@... wrote:

Brett-

I'm helping with API architecture diagrams, maps, and other items that we (API subcommittee) want to add to the API portal (api.akraino.org).

What is your recommended method for publishing Powerpoint, MindMap, and other doc types to the API portal URL ? I know HTML very well, so I have no

problem to export PowerPoint to HTML and then upload to a site and integrate with what's already there. But I'm worried to lead subcommittee guys

down a path where they need a lot of HTML knowledge and what they publish becomes difficult to maintain.

Are you using a hosted method for the portal; i.e. something similar to SquareSpace, Wix, Wordpress, etc ? Is there an ftp backend where we can

upload HTML pages ?

Thanks for any advice.

-Jeff

Brett Preston
The Linux Foundation
+1 (971) 303-9030
bpreston@...

Google Talk: bpreston@...
Skype: bprestoncf

[...]

Re: Upcoming Event: API Sub-Committee Meeting - Fri, 05/15/2020 4:00pm-5:00pm, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

Brett Preston

Looks like the Zoom meeting series ended May 1 -- I've since extended by another 50 occurrences so you should be good for a while.

You will find under the ES 2 account.

Thanks!

On Fri, May 15, 2020 4:30 PM, Tina Tsou Tina.Tsou@... wrote:

Dear @Brett Preston,

I did not find this meeting in Akraino ES or ES 2 accounts.

Would you join as host?

Thank you,

Tina Tsou

Enterprise Architect

Arm

tina.tsou@...

+1 (408)931-3833

From: <tsc@...> on behalf of "Aaron Williams via lists.akraino.org" <awilliams=contractor.linuxfoundation.org@...>
Date: Monday, April 13, 2020 at 14:34
To: "tsc@..." <tsc@...>
Subject: [Akraino TSC] Akraino TSC tomorrow

Hello everyone,

If you have anything that you would like to add to the agenda for the TSC meeting tomorrow, please add it.  Here is the link: https://wiki.akraino.org/display/AK/Agendas-Current+and+Upcoming

Thanks,

Aaron

Aaron Williams

Developer Advocate

LF Edge

e: aaron@...

m: +1 602 705-3599

Upcoming Event: API Sub-Committee Meeting - Fri, 04/10/2020 4:00pm-5:00pm, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

api@lists.akraino.org Calendar <api@...>

Reminder: API Sub-Committee Meeting

When: Friday, 10 April 2020, 4:00pm to 5:00pm, (GMT+00:00) UTC

Where:https://zoom.us/j/294712016

Organizer: api@...

https://zoom.us/j/294712016

One tap mobile
+16699006833,,294712016# US (San Jose)
+16465588656,,294712016# US (New York)

Dial by your location
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
        855 880 1246 US Toll-free
        877 369 0926 US Toll-free
Meeting ID: 294 712 016
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/aExAN61F

Re: [Fwd: Akraino API subcommittee meeting notes (3Apr20)]

Jane Shen

From: "Jeff Brower" <@jbrower>
Date: Sun, April 5, 2020 6:27 pm
To: api@...
Cc: "Tina Tsou" <tina.tsou@...>
"Jane Shen" <jane.shen@...>
"Neal Oliver" <neal.oliver@...>
"Jiafeng Zhu" <jiafeng.zhu@...>
"Tim Epkes" <tim_epkes@...>
"Dan Druta" <dd5826@...>
"Doug Eng" <golfeng4fun@...>
-------------------------------------

All-

Meeting notes are at:

https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwiki.akraino.org%2Fdisplay%2FAK%2FAPI%2BSub-committee&amp;data=02%7C01%7Cjane.shen%40futurewei.com%7C5065c9132a414aba617008d7d9b750b3%7C0fee8ff2a3b240189c753a1d5591fedc%7C1%7C0%7C637217253669701965&amp;sdata=6ETBbhrFXfifVWrMR0PQG8qVTzfME2ZDdCEUNEBH%2FMA%3D&amp;reserved=0

under Weekly Meeting | Meeting Minutes. Any corrections / omissions please let me know.

-Jeff

[Fwd: Akraino API subcommittee meeting notes (3Apr20)]

Jeff Brower

All-

+Swarup

Also here is he direct link, maybe easier to open on mobile devices:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1idWiVe4U_jzpfDA99ZgMf-ghVlIRO7FN/edit#heading=h.gjdgxs

-Jeff