Re: Akraino Charter

Thomas Nadeau

On Tue, Sep 4, 2018 at 2:47 PM Wenjing Chu <Wenjing.Chu@...> wrote:

Very good point. We do need to clarify this as soon as possible.

In the initial draft on blueprints, I proposed that we (a) use “project” as a unit for all the development work in Akraino, and (b) categorize projects into 2 types: functional projects and blueprint integration projects. (b) is similar to what Kandan called “vertical” and “horizontal”, but uses terms closer to those in other communities.

-        Functional projects develop functionalities to fill identified gaps.

Why wouldn't you do a blueprint for those too - perhaps a shorter blue print?

--Tom

-        Integration projects are responsible to deliver end-to-end ‘blueprints’. Integration projects can utilize the outputs of functional projects, and all upstream open source projects.

Wenjing

From: main@... [mailto:main@...] On Behalf Of Srini
Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2018 9:50 AM
To: main@...
Subject: [akraino] Akraino Charter

Hi Akraino TSC,

In the last developer conference, TSC has taken an AI to come out with the Akraino charter definition.

Much of the discussion on last developer conference is mostly about blueprints, except for one break-out session.

In regional orchestration, Edge API and AI breakout session, we talked about the need for them and the consensus is that Akraino project is the right place to develop them.  In one of the Kandan’s presentation, it was clear that Akraino is not only for developing blueprints for various use cases, but is also a home for Edge related open source projects for the functionality where there is a gap in the open source community. Please consider making the Akraino charter clear on the aspect of development projects to avoid any confusion.

Thanks

Srini

Join main@lists.akraino.org to automatically receive all group messages.