From: Jie Shen <jane.shen@...>
Date: Wednesday, March 25, 2020 at 09:51
To: "technical-discuss@..." <technical-discuss@...>, "process@..." <process@...>, "tsc@..." <tsc@...>
Cc: "KATHIRVEL, KANDAN" <kk0563@...>, Tina Tsou <Tina.Tsou@...>, "KATARIA, DEEPAK" <dd7022@...>, Yin Ding <yin.ding@...>, "jiaxuan@..." <jiaxuan@...>, dinghany <dinghany@...>, Jiafeng Zhu <jiafeng.zhu@...>, Jeff Brower <jbrower@...>
Subject: New Blueprint project incubation review request

Dear Andrew/Tapio,

We would like to notify about new BP proposal request "KubeEdge Edge Service Blueprint Family, Type 1: ML Inference Offloading”.

I have created wiki page under new proposal for BP with proposal details: https://wiki.akraino.org/display/AK/KubeEdge+Edge+Service+Blueprint

We are new to the BP process. Please let us know if anything we missed for new BP incubation. Also Please kindly help to schedule a presentation slot to start the incubation review.

Thanks,

-Jane Shen

New Blueprint project incubation review request

Jane Shen

Dear Andrew/Tapio,

We would like to notify about new BP proposal request "KubeEdge Edge Service Blueprint Family, Type 1: ML Inference Offloading”.

I have created wiki page under new proposal for BP with proposal details: https://wiki.akraino.org/display/AK/KubeEdge+Edge+Service+Blueprint

We are new to the BP process. Please let us know if anything we missed for new BP incubation. Also Please kindly help to schedule a presentation slot to start the incubation review.

Thanks,

-Jane Shen

Updated Event: Akraino Community Call: Public Cloud Edge Interface (PCEI) Blueprint Family proposal - Thursday, 26 March 2020 #cal-invite

technical-discuss@lists.akraino.org Calendar <technical-discuss@...>

Akraino Community Call: Public Cloud Edge Interface (PCEI) Blueprint Family proposal

When:
Thursday, 26 March 2020
6:00am to 7:00am
(UTC-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/919148693

Organizer: technical-discuss@...

Akraino Edge Stack is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android:
https://zoom.us/j/919148693
Or iPhone one-tap : US: +16699006833,,919148693# or +16465588656,,919148693#
Or Telephone: Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 646 558 8656 or +1 877 369 0926 (Toll Free) or +1 855 880 1246 (Toll Free)
Meeting ID: 919 148 693
International numbers available:
https://zoom.us/u/adnlim1pfM

The Public Cloud Edge Interface (PCEI) Blueprint provides Open APIs between Telcos and public cloud edge compute platforms such as Google Cloud Platform (GCP) Anthos, AliCloud Edge Node Service (ENS), AWS Wavelength, Microsoft Azure, Tencent ECM, to name a few. Open API coverage includes edge capability exposure, edge orchestration and management, Edge monitoring (KPIs), and more.
The partnership announcement between AWS and Verizon/KDDI/SKTelecom/Vodafone during last November's AWS re'Invent signified the official entrance of Hyperscalers into the MEC domain. Over the last 12 months, AT&T has announced partnerships with the big 3 Hyperscalers (AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud). In Asia, similar partnerships have formed between China Mobile and Tencent/Alibaba. It seems that after years of exploration, the MEC domain sees a viable business model where Hyperscalers bring in applications and end users, while the mobile network operators leverage their edge capabilities and locations.
Telcos and Hyperscalers are powerful in their respective domains. How would their partnerships work when they meet at the edge ? What would be the technical collaboration interfaces? Within each country usually there are M operators with overlapping coverages and N Hyperscalers serving the same areas. With this M to N mesh relationship, would it make sense to have common interfaces ? Hyperscalers are big on APIs – how would Telco network edge capabilities be exposed as APIs? There are many questions. However there are no ready made answers.
Needless to say, business relationships of all MEC players is equally important in this domain. Telcos and Hyperscalers both carry their own eco-systems. How these eco-systems would collaborate poses another challenge.
This blueprint project family intends to help find these answers. The project will showcase collaboration via case studies. Meanwhile, broader discussions will be held with telcos and Hyperscalers during the project phase. With the massive deployment of 5G in coming years, MEC is not only a location play, but also a network capability play. The game for Telco Edge starts to get interesting.

[Akraino Technical-Discussion ] Presentation slot request for new feature project for KPI ( Kontour )

Arif khan <arif29march@...>

Dear Team,

We would like to notify about new feature project " Kontour " which is for defining and standardizing KPI between different blueprint and also with different community

I have created a wiki page under the new proposal

Kindly help us to schedule a presentation slot, I have already presented it in Community F2F meeting on 3rd march in facebook building. Let me know if I am missing some steps.

Regards
Arif Khan

Cancelled Event: Akraino Technical Community Call (Weekly) - Thursday, 19 March 2020 #cal-cancelled

technical-discuss@lists.akraino.org Calendar <technical-discuss@...>

Cancelled: Akraino Technical Community Call (Weekly)

This event has been cancelled.

When:
Thursday, 19 March 2020
6:00am to 7:00am
(UTC-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/919148693

Organizer: technical-discuss@...

Akraino Technical Community Call: TSC updates to technical community and deeper dives into topics as applicable. Meeting content posted to Technical Community Wiki.
Meeting Lead: Kandan Kathirvel, Akraino TSC Chair

Akraino Edge Stack is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android:
https://zoom.us/j/919148693
Or iPhone one-tap : US: +16699006833,,919148693# or +16465588656,,919148693#
Or Telephone: Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 646 558 8656 or +1 877 369 0926 (Toll Free) or +1 855 880 1246 (Toll Free)
Meeting ID: 919 148 693
International numbers available:
https://zoom.us/u/adnlim1pfM

Upcoming Event: Akraino Community Call:"Enterprise Applications on Light weight 5G Telco Edge" - Thu, 03/12/2020 6:00am-7:00am #cal-reminder

technical-discuss@lists.akraino.org Calendar <technical-discuss@...>

Reminder: Akraino Community Call:"Enterprise Applications on Light weight 5G Telco Edge"

When: Thursday, 12 March 2020, 6:00am to 7:00am, (GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:https://zoom.us/j/919148693

View Event

Organizer: technical-discuss@...

New project discussion:
"Enterprise Applications on Light weight 5G Telco Edge" under existing BP family "5G MEC system Blueprint Family".

Link: https://wiki.akraino.org/display/AK/Enterprise+Applications+on+Lightweight+5G+Telco+Edge

[...]

Re: Presentation slot request for New BP proposal "Enterprise Applications on Light weight 5G Telco Edge"

khemendra kumar

Ok Got it,

Thanks a lot.

Regards
khemendra kumar

On Tue, Mar 10, 2020 at 6:07 PM Andrew Wilkinson <andrew.wilkinson@...> wrote:

Hi,

After the presentation to the TSC at the Community Call we will schedule a Process SC review,

Andrew