Date
ONS Amsterdam Unconference meet

Wenjing Chu <Wenjing.Chu@...>

For folks going to ONS-EU Amsterdam Sept 25-27.

I have created a new Unconference session: “Edge Stack Discussion for Cloud Edge and IoT”.

It’s a good opportunity to bring together people from several open source projects working in the edge space during ONS. I’d love to see you all join this session.

Add your names to:

https://wiki.lfnetworking.org/display/LN/Open+Networking+Summit+Europe+2018+-+Unconference+Topic+Proposals

Regards

Wenjing

Re: ONS Amsterdam Unconference meet

Sukhdev Kapur

Are we doing something similar in Shanghai during Kubecon or Berlin during OpenStack? I will be attending both of those events and would love to participate in Akraino event, if we can organize one.

Thanks
-Sukhdev

Re: ONS Amsterdam Unconference meet

Sukhdev Kapur

I am hosting a full-day Tungsten Fabric day on November 13th (Tuesday) in Shanghai. If there is enough interest in the Akraino Community, I would be happy to host Akraino meet-up on Monday November 12th.  If somebody can handle the logistics to make arrangement for the venue/room etc, I would love to host a meetup. As an alternative, I can carve out an hour or so to discuss Akraino during the Tunsgten Fabric day – if some of you folks are there. It will good for folks to hear how Tungsten Fabric can complement Akraino.

I fly out 13th night (or early morning 14th) to Berlin to host an evening event on 14th November in Berlin. We can host Akraino event on 15th or 16th. I will be there to help out.

-Sukhdev

From: "KATHIRVEL, KANDAN" <kk0563@...>
Date: Friday, September 21, 2018 at 11:54 AM
To: Sukhdev Kapur <sukhdev@...>, "technical-discuss@..." <technical-discuss@...>
Subject: Re: [Akraino Technical-Discuss] ONS Amsterdam Unconference meet

Sukhdev,

Berlin - yes. I will share logistics details next week. Waiting to hear from the conference organizers to allocate space for BoF.

Kubecon - I am not planning to attend. Do you like to take a lead and organize a meet-up?

Regards

Kandan Kathirvel

From: <technical-discuss@...> on behalf of "sukhdev@..." <sukhdev@...>
Date: Friday, September 21, 2018 at 2:32 PM
To: "technical-discuss@..." <technical-discuss@...>

Are we doing something similar in Shanghai during Kubecon or Berlin during OpenStack? I will be attending both of those events and would love to participate in Akraino event, if we can organize one.

Thanks
-Sukhdev

Re: ONS Amsterdam Unconference meet

Wenjing Chu <Wenjing.Chu@...>

For folks going to ONS next week, I look forward to seeing you during the Edge Stack Unconference. They are finalizing the timetable and should show up in the calendar shortly. Let’s use this to meet while in Amsterdam.

Sukhdev, I don’t know if something is already organized for Kubecon Shanghai, but if you like I can introduce someone local to help.

Kandan, I know you asked if we could have a more exclusively Akraino session  – unfortunately the time slots ran out, but naturally I will bring up mostly the topics that Akraino is interested in.

Regards

Wenjing

From: <technical-discuss@...> on behalf of "sukhdev@..." <sukhdev@...>
Date: Friday, September 21, 2018 at 2:32 PM
To: "technical-discuss@..." <technical-discuss@...>

Are we doing something similar in Shanghai during Kubecon or Berlin during OpenStack? I will be attending both of those events and would love to participate in Akraino event, if we can organize one.

Thanks
-Sukhdev

Re: ONS Amsterdam Unconference meet

Glenn Seiler

Hey Wenjing
I will join you in Amsterdam. Right now the wiki page is locked while LF integrates the Unconference schedules with the main schedule.
-glenn

On Sep 14, 2018, at 11:47 AM, Wenjing Chu <Wenjing.Chu@...> wrote:

For folks going to ONS-EU Amsterdam Sept 25-27.

I have created a new Unconference session: “Edge Stack Discussion for Cloud Edge and IoT”.

It’s a good opportunity to bring together people from several open source projects working in the edge space during ONS. I’d love to see you all join this session.

Add your names to:

https://wiki.lfnetworking.org/display/LN/Open+Networking+Summit+Europe+2018+-+Unconference+Topic+Proposals

Regards

Wenjing

Zoom Meeting Details Updated For: TSC Meetings & Technical Community Calls

Jacqueline Serafin <jserafin@...>

Akraino Community,

Please note that the Zoom meeting details have been updated for the following:

Akraino TSC Meeting (Weekly) - Thursdays, 10am-11am ET
Akraino Technical Community Call (Weekly) - Thursdays, 11am-12pm ET

Updated Zoom details are posted to the TSC and Technical Community Wiki pages.

If you have any questions, please do reach out.

Thank you,
Jacqueline

Jacqueline Serafin
Program Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1 (415) 676-1127 (m)

The question about deploying Akraino environment

Jingzhao Ni (Arm Technology China) <Jingzhao.Ni@...>

Hi,

        I am a developer in arm company. Now I am trying to deploy the Akraino testing environment on x86 platform. I encounter a problem about it. Could you please check it?

  1. The web site can not reach in yaml_build project’s README.md file.

               https://codecloud.web.att.com/projects/ST_CCP/repos/aic-clcp-manifests/browse/docs/source/deployment_blueprint.md ----------> Can not reach !

B.R

Ni Jingzhao

Re: The question about deploying Akraino environment

KATARIA, DEEPAK

Hi Ni Jingzhao,

Yaml_build project is not required for single node deployment of Akraino Edge Stack.

It is needed for multi node deployment. Multi node deployment of Akraino Edge Stack
is not up streamed yet and is in development stage.

Best Regards,

Deepak Kataria

Akraino Technical Community Call on October 4th

Tapio Tallgren

Hi all,

For the Akraino Technical Community Call on October 4th, I am planning to continue the discussion about the planned Akraino technical governance.

Suggestions to other topics are also welcome!

-Tapio

Queries regarding Edge Site installation

mahajansachin1993@...

Hi All,

I have installed the regional controller node on one of the Dell server. Although server is not the one which is recommended by community(PowerEdge R740) I am able to bring up the akraino portal UI. I have few queries regarding the edge site installation, few of them are very basic, apologies for the same. Your help will be appreciated.

1. Is it possible to install regional controller node and edge site node on same host? If yes, how can we do that?
2. If we are installing the edge site on different host, is it mandatory to have iDRAC interface connection between controller node and edge site host? Is there any other way to install edge site without iDRAC interface.
3. As per the installation guide, the server config file for controller node and rover.txt for edge site configuration are almost same, does it means that both controller node and edge site will be deployed on same host? If yes, then as per the requirements, the host should be the bare metal server but its not as controller node is already running on same host.
4. Also I tried to install the edge site as per my current setup, I got deploy error on the portal, but didn't got any logs in /var/log/scriptexecutor.log file. Is there any log file which I can check for further debugging?

Many Thanks,
Sachin

Re: Suspected SPAM - [Akraino Technical-Discuss] Akraino Technical Community Call on October 4th

Tapio Tallgren

Here are the slides for today: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/e/2PACX-1vRagOZIZ_-xRIA1ihI9_wmXzuYkEEO9qESz7FsLrac-p3sDnxFZWPt_mXYvPN5GCMledp9787DYIRXd/pub?start=false&loop=false&delayms=3000