Date
Akraino Technical Community Call (Weekly) - Thu, 08/13/2020 1:00pm-2:00pm #cal-reminder

technical-discuss@lists.akraino.org Calendar <technical-discuss@...>

Reminder: Akraino Technical Community Call (Weekly)

When: Thursday, 13 August 2020, 1:00pm to 2:00pm, (GMT+00:00) UTC

Where:https://zoom.us/j/919148693

View Event

Organizer: technical-discuss@...

Akraino Technical Community Call: TSC updates to technical community and deeper dives into topics as applicable. Meeting content posted to Technical Community Wiki.
Meeting Lead: Kandan Kathirvel, Akraino TSC Chair

Akraino Edge Stack is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android:
https://zoom.us/j/919148693
Or iPhone one-tap : US: +16699006833,,919148693# or +16465588656,,919148693#
Or Telephone: Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 646 558 8656 or +1 877 369 0926 (Toll Free) or +1 855 880 1246 (Toll Free)
Meeting ID: 919 148 693
International numbers available:
https://zoom.us/u/adnlim1pfM

[...]

Re: [Akraino Process Sub-Committee] Process to Submit a Blueprint (Akraino)

Andrew Wilkinson

Hi Asif,

I checked the BP proposal page – I couldn’t see a completed BP proposal which is created this from the generic BP species template (reference the community document section 3.3.2.2.2.3   “Template 3 - Blueprint species template”. The species level table defines exactly what SW and HW components the BP will consist of and hence exactly what you are to be validating in your lab and/or the community lab.

Can you fully complete a BP species template then we can schedule a review.

Thanks,

Andrew

From: Asif Mehmood <malikasifmahmoodawan@...>
Date: Thursday, February 20, 2020 at 2:19 AM
To: "technical-discuss@..." <technical-discuss@...>, "process@..." <process@...>, "tsc@..." <tsc@...>
Cc: Brett Preston <bpreston@...>, kk0563 <kk0563@...>, Andrew Wilkinson <andrew.wilkinson@...>, LF Edge <info@...>, Muhammad Afaq <afaq24@...>, Tina Tsou <Tina.Tsou@...>

Greetings,

We hereby request presentation slots for its review.

Best Regards,

Asif Mehmood

+82 10-3212-6804

On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 9:28 AM Tina Tsou <Tina.Tsou@...> wrote:

Dear @Asif Mahmood et al,

+ @Andrew Wilkinson as chair of process sub-Committee.

BP Graduation Review Processes and Criteria is the procedure.

If you create a wiki page under Blueprint Proposals, send an email to technical-discuss@...; process@...; tsc@...; ask presentation slots for review.

Meeting calendar is at https://wiki.akraino.org/display/AK/calendars.

If you are lucky, get approval from Technical Community Sub-Committee (6am Thursday PT), Process Sub-Committee (8am Tuesday PT), TSC (7am Tuesday and Thursday PT), and vote on TSC meeting. It can as quick as a week and a half, if there is no request to change your original proposal, or you change it accordingly in time.

Hope it helps.

Thank you,

Tina Tsou

Enterprise Architect

Arm

tina.tsou@...

+1 (408)931-3833

--

Best Regards,

Asif Mehmood
+82-10-3212-6804

--

Brett Preston

Sr. Program Manager

The Linux Foundation
+1 (971) 303-9030

--

Best Regards,

Asif Mehmood
+82-10-3212-6804

--

Brett Preston

Sr. Program Manager

The Linux Foundation
+1 (971) 303-9030

--

Brett Preston

Sr. Program Manager

The Linux Foundation
+1 (971) 303-9030

--

Best Regards,

Asif Mehmood
+82-10-3212-6804

--

Best Regards,

Asif Mehmood
+82-10-3212-6804

--

Best Regards,

Asif Mehmood
+82-10-3212-6804

--
Best Regards,
Asif Mehmood

Akraino Technical Community Call (Weekly) - Thu, 08/06/2020 1:00pm-2:00pm #cal-reminder

technical-discuss@lists.akraino.org Calendar <technical-discuss@...>

Reminder: Akraino Technical Community Call (Weekly)

When: Thursday, 6 August 2020, 1:00pm to 2:00pm, (GMT+00:00) UTC

[...]

FW: Akraino TSC Elections

Aaron Williams

Hello everyone,

I am trying to send this to the broadest Akraino group possible, so if you get it multiple times, I apologize.  Please mention this if you are having a meeting between now and 15 Aug.

As you have probably heard the Akraino TSC elections are coming up.  All Akraino Community Active Contributors are eligible to vote, but they must self register on this page.  The basic requirement to be considered an Active Contributor is that you have made "twenty (20) or more measurable contributions as assessed by the TSC during the previous 12-month period, inclusive of code merged, code reviews performed, wiki page edits, or JIRA activities."  Active Contributors are the backbone of Akraino, so please help us out by registering and then voting for the TSC.  To make it a little easier to determine if you are eligible, I have attached a spreadsheet that covers this year and captures most of the activity for this year.  So it is possible that we have missed your contributions (or some or all of your contributions happened between Oct 2019 and Jan 2020).  If this is the case, you can fill out that information in the table on the registration table.

If you want to be on the TSC, there is a column to self nominate for this.  There are a couple of rules around being a member of the TSC and they are covered here (section 4.4.2).  But we can have up to 20 members on the TSC.

Links:

Active Contributors form.

TSC and election part of the Technical Community Document

Thanks,

Aaron

--

Aaron Williams

Developer Advocate

LF Edge

e: aaron@...

m: +1 602 705-3599

Re: [REC] Install and Networking deployment

Paul Carver

John, thanks for replying.

Andy, Did that answer your questions? Do note that REC isn’t generally intended to be a totally flexible “configure it however you want” platform. Our goal has been to provide a blueprint for one specific way to deploy a RAN component. There is some flexibility, but our primary goal has been to be prescriptive in describing a specific implementation. The diagrams at the bottom of https://wiki.akraino.org/display/AK/Radio+Edge+Cloud+Validation+Lab and https://wiki.akraino.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=28969682 show the networking we’re using.

The template here https://gerrit.akraino.org/r/gitweb?p=ta/config-manager.git;a=blob;f=userconfigtemplate/user_config.yaml;hb=refs/heads/master has extensive comments on all the various parameters that you can configure in user_config.yaml, but the example given here https://wiki.akraino.org/display/AK/REC+Installation+Guide#RECInstallationGuide-Exampleuser_config.yaml is basically what we would mostly expect a REC deployment to follow.

Do feel free to join the weekly meeting https://wiki.akraino.org/display/AK/Radio+Edge+Cloud+Project+Meetings and respond to the poll at https://www.doodle.com/poll/2u8cwhkrwva57ie8 if the current timeslot is not feasible for you. We’re open to discussing new use cases with people who want to help add them, but the current team is mostly focused on deploying the REC as we’ve designed and documented it.

From: <technical-discuss@...> on behalf of "CARVER, PAUL" <pc2929@...>
Date: Thursday, July 30, 2020 at 10:55 AM
To: 詹子儀 Andy Chan <andychan@...>, Tina Tsou <Tina.Tsou@...>
Cc: "technical-discuss@..." <technical-discuss@...>, "蔡其達 FRANK C. D. TSAI, Ph.D." <ftsai@...>, 詹凱元 Kai Yuan Jan <kevinjan@...>

***Security Advisory: This Message Originated Outside of AT&T ***
Reference http://cso.att.com/EmailSecurity/IDSP.html for more information.

Andy,

I saw your email but haven’t had time to reply yet. For a quick response in the few minutes before my next meeting I can tell you that REC doesn’t use PXE. I’ll reply in more detail later. In the meantime, if the current REC meeting timeslot isn’t good for you, please take a look at https://www.doodle.com/poll/2u8cwhkrwva57ie8 and indicate if any of the proposed meeting times are better. We’re looking to see if we should change the meeting time.

詹子儀 Andy Chan <andychan@...>

*    Something similar to https://docs.starlingx.io/_images/starlingx-deployment-options-duplex3.png <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__docs.starlingx.io_-5Fimages_starlingx-2Ddeployment-2Doptions-2Dduplex3.png&d=DwMFog&c=LFYZ-o9_HUMeMTSQicvjIg&r=HBNonG828PGilNRNwXAtdg&m=RPC3DlaHHjlL2SDsSgL0ycjGD0NlFfqVUW4HCNlM4Yc&s=ngUJsu2dTYvJKq-HAT2eaYCouH-3YzJCEVUdarLGjnI&e=>   for StarlingX, wherein in the diagram it clearly shows which nodes are connected by (a) Data Network (b) Management Network (c) IPMI Network (d) OAM Network, and
[...]

Akraino Technical Community Call (Weekly) - Thu, 07/30/2020 1:00pm-2:00pm #cal-reminder

[...]

Akraino Technical Community Call (Weekly) - Thu, 07/23/2020 1:00pm-2:00pm #cal-reminder

technical-discuss@lists.akraino.org Calendar <technical-discuss@...>

Reminder: Akraino Technical Community Call (Weekly)

When: Thursday, 23 July 2020, 1:00pm to 2:00pm, (GMT+00:00) UTC

[...]

  1. For user_config.yaml, are there specific keywords to which modification is a MUST? (and, any place that I can find samples to reference)

  1. If Kubernetes works if only 3 controller nodes and no worker nodes are used?  If yes, doesn’t that imply a controller node is to play dual role as both a controller and a worker? (and, possibly also Ceph storage nodes?)

Sincerely Yours,

詹子儀 Andy Chan
Office: +886 6607-3242
Email: andychan@...

[REC] Install and Networking deployment

詹子儀 Andy Chan <andychan@...>

Dear Community,

We have successfully installed StarlingX before and we are now in the process of installing REC on a 4U Network Appliance, Adlink ALSP-7400, in preparation for a demo at GlobeCom in December. (We used build 237 image)

I was wondering

(1)   if there is a network diagram describing the interconnection of the controller nodes and worker nodes for REC?

l  Something similar to https://docs.starlingx.io/_images/starlingx-deployment-options-duplex3.png  for StarlingX, wherein in the diagram it clearly shows which nodes are connected by (a) Data Network (b) Management Network (c) IPMI Network (d) OAM Network, and

l  With that, it would be easier to figure out how to configure  external network, and internal network